The materials used to produce skis have come a long way over the years. A short video explains how the materials in skis serve a specific purpose on the course. The lesson explores materials such as fiberglass and polymers.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have individuals bring in different types of skis for comparison
- Continue researching polymers after viewing the video as a class
- A familiarity with skiing is helpful
- Interviews companies that produce skis as well as Olympic skiers
- Highlights scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson