A colorful, thought-provoking infographic identifies 12 harmful chemicals found in cigarette smoke. It provides a sober warning for smokers and those exposed to secondhand smoke.
36 Views 17 Downloads
- Divide the class into 12 groups, assign each a different chemical to research in greater depth, and have them develop a presentation of their findings that includes a comparison of the tobacco industry claims and those of scientists
- Enlarge, color copy, and post the infographic in the classroom
- Assumes class members are aware of the dangers of second-hand smoke
- Includes information about how the chemicals affect the body
- Provides the web addresses for sites that offer more information