This Serving the Stakeholders' Interests activity & project also includes:
When school and community leaders are at odds, what's a young person to do? Grouped pupils examine the details of a difficult situation during the 10th in a series of 12 leadership activities. Presented with a decline in community involvement that stands to jeopardize much-needed resources from a local sponsor, pupils must identify and assist the stakeholders in the dilemma.
- Tack on an extra class period to give groups more discussion time and allow for a more thorough whole-group analysis
- Have learners search for similar scenarios in the news and report how the subjects resolved conflicts
- Create groups of five or six for the activity, making sure each group has the same number of participants
- Scenario is well-written and illustrates a challenge many schools across the nation face
- Lesson reinforces The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership, a focal point of the series, at every turn