Develop a model for prep. The resource provides examples of how items reflect modeling and data analysis for Smarter Balanced assessments. Items use on-grade or below-grade content to focus on the modeling aspect. The questions revolve around working with fractions, percents, distances, and line plots.
- Have class members come up with problems that require mathematical modeling to solve
- The class should be familiar with the sixth grade CCSS content
- Items are not interactive
- One part of a slide show series covering grade six claim 2-4
- Contains answers for grading or self-checking
- Includes items that allow for a variety of responses