This The Historic Women’s Suffrage March on Washington video also includes:
March 3, 1913, thousands of women marched on Washington D.C. to demand the right to vote. Learn about the organizers and leaders of the protest with a short video that details how the protest reignited the fight for voting rights and lead to the 19th Amendment.
- Use the video as part of a study of Black History Month, Women's History Month, or a study of the 19th Amendment
- Have groups research some of the many women mentioned in the video
- Requires a free membership to customize the lesson
- In addition to the video, the resource includes a comprehension check, links o related articles, and discussion questions
- Includes information about how Ida B. Wells-Barnett defied the ban on black women in the protest and instead marched at the front of the parade