Earth's strangest creatures may be the key to finding life on other planets! Introduce biology scholars to the extreme world of extremophiles with a video from a large science playlist. From the depths of the ocean to the heart of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, the narrator shows the amazing archaebacteria that call these places home.
- Extremely interested in extremophiles? Assign a colorful astrobiology interactive after the video
- Ask pupils to pick an archaebacteria and create a profile of its appearance, habitat, and unusual features
- Make sure learners understand the difference between eukaryotes and prokaryotes before tackling the topic of archaebacteria
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Full of fascinating facts, the video is sure to engage young minds
- The narrator is upbeat and provides clear explanations