This The Very Hungry Caterpillar lesson plan also includes:
Invite that hungry caterpillar to teach your class about nutrition! After brief instruction on fruit, the teacher reads The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle to the class. Kids hold up the fruit images at appropriate points in the story. A discussion about healthy eating follows.
- After the class read, have learners work with a partner to complete the same process
- Invite kids to create their own Eric Carle-style books about nutrition
- Color images of fruit are not included in the document, but can be found in the materials
- The plan mentions materials from a program called Give Me Five A Day!; these are not included, and not entirely necessary
- Comes with materials to give to parents in both English and Spanish
- Includes extension activities and materials