This Transformations—The Next Level lesson plan also includes:
Transform your geometry instruction by incorporating role play into math class. Pupils begin by completing an assessment to locate unknown angles, and then performing a simulation activity to better understand rotations, reflections, and translations. They complete the mathematical modeling exercise and conclude the lesson by participating in a class discussion to ensure their full understanding.
- Have groups role play in front of the class during the discussion and provide time for a Q&A session
- Assist English learners and those with special needs during the assessment at the beginning of this lesson
- Ensure there is enough time for all of the activities in this lesson; you may need to provide additional time or split this lesson into two parts
- The twelfth installment in a 36-part series
- Includes an assessment that covers multiple lessons in this series to ensure students understand the concepts presented thus far
- Partner activity engages interest and allows the class to participate in the learning process