This Two Perspectives on the Battle of Little Bighorn/Greasy Grass lesson plan also includes:
Learners understand why historians conduct research and the importance of perception when it comes to studying history. The resource covers The Wars of Expansion and the Battle of Little Bighorn/Greasy Grass through group work, debate, teamwork, research, brainstorming essential questions, and class presentations.
- Flip your class by assigning some of the group work for homework
- The fifth in a series of 15 history lessons
- A short discussion on the importance of respect for each other while debating topics could prove beneficial depending on your class's dynamic
- Teaches learners about the storytelling aspect to history
- Pupils assess different viewpoints and learn how the context of a situation during a historical event affects primary source language
- Puts each individual into a historical person's shoes, making learning more entertaining and meaningful