This Underlying Needs lesson plan also includes:
Conflicts arise when underlying needs are unmet. An engaging video introduces viewers to nine basic human needs. Then, through a series of videos, worksheets, and activities, class members learn that by focusing on interests and needs, it is possible to find creative strategies to resolve conflicts. The instructional activity ends with partners practicing strategies for resolving a conflict.
- Divide the class into six groups, assign each group one of the remaining needs, and have them create and perform a skit that illustrates that need
- Expand the lesson to include practice delivering "I messages"
- Third in a series of nine resources focusing on conflict and conflict resolutions
- The lessons are cumulative and designed to be taught in orde
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- An answer key is provided for the underlying needs quiz