Support your young mathematicians' introduction to the world of fractions with this simple printable resource. Offering students a hands-on opportunity for learning how to visually represent fractions, this template would make a nice addition to the resource library of upper-elementary math teachers.
- Have your class label, color, and cut out the fractions strips, using them as visual support when completing exercises during a math unit on fractions
- Create laminated sets of these fractions strips that can be used year after year with your classes
- Provide the class with small plastic bags so they can store their fractions strips in between lessons
- Fraction strips are included for halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, and tenths, as well as one whole
- Strips are large enough for students to easily manipulate them while modeling different math problems