This Voting Rights Speech Before Congress worksheet also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Primary Source
- Join to access all included materials
Is your class studying civil rights? Consider taking a look at President Lyndon B. Johnson's voting rights speech. This resource includes an abridged version and three related questions. Pupils consider Johnson's use of language and the effectiveness of the speech in light of the events of the time period. Consider finding a video or audio recording of the full speech to accompany this activity.
- Questions require some higher-level thinking skills
- While simple, the resource could be used for assessment, class work, or homework.
- The speech is pared down to just the basics
- Individuals may have difficulty writing on the small lines provided