This What Does the Liver Do? video also includes:
It's the heaviest organ in the human body, but exactly what role does the liver play in sustaining life? Follow along with this short video as it explores the various ways the liver filters, stores, and manufactures materials in order to help us to stay alive.
- Include a viewing of this video in a life science or health unit on the digestive system
- After watching this video, have students research different disorders of the liver
- Flip your science classroom by assigning this video and assessment as homework, discussing the material during the following class
- Video uses analogies and engaging animations to explain the different functions of the liver
- Accompanying the video is a short assessment with five multiple choice and three free-response questions
- Teachers are given the option of designing their own lesson around the content of this video