This What Makes a Good Campaign Ad?- Advertisement Analysis lesson plan also includes:
In the time of a hotly contested presidential election, campaign ads are almost ubiquitous—but what makes them good? Using ads from the 2018 midterm elections, learners consider the various strategies candidates use to get the vote. Extension questions allow for discussion of what makes an effective campaign advertisement.
- Use chart and discussion questions to evaluate the effectiveness of presidential campaign ads
- Some ads may be considered offensive or use strong language
- Class members need to view ads on a device to complete activities
- Activities are easily adaptable
- Resource builds primary source analysis skills