This What Makes it Rain? lesson plan also includes:
Clouds come alive when curious minds create rain in an action-packed activity. Scholars view a video of rain and analyze an image of water uses to generate a class discussion leading into a hands-on exploration. Using a set of procedures, investigators make and examine rain droplets. Group members watch an interesting animation describing rain, allowing for a richer teacher-led explanation and summation of the activity.
- Use a think-pair-strategy with team members to unpack the illustration at the beginning of the activity
- Requires advance materials collection and set up
- Explain expectations for waste disposal before starting the lesson
- Section two in a six-part series
- Interactive lesson allows learners connect with content
- Includes step-by-step directions helps young scientists practice following a scientific procedure