This Why Do Our Brains Love Fake News? video also includes:
Fake news is all about the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex versus the orbitofrontal cortex. Huh? Get the facts, the real deal, with a short video that explains clearly and succinctly what's going on in our brains that leads us to listen to ideas that support our beliefs and reject information that challenges what we believe.
- Review propaganda techniques before showing the video
- Ask groups to fact check and analyze the techniques used in a print or visual political ad
- Comes with a warning that the resource contains content that may be sensitive for some viewers; therefore, preview the video to determine if it's appropriate for your classes
- Requires registration for a free PBS account to access all of the materials
- A link is provided so that class members can discuss confirmation bias with other students
- The accompanying worksheet asks viewers to consider carefully the techniques used by the producers of the video to influence them