What gives glaciers their blue hue? Study the phenomenon from the inside out with a video from an engaging science playlist. The narrator describes the conditions present in glacial ice, then explains how the substance affects visible light.
4 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- The versatile video is the perfect addition to lessons about light, water, and glaciers
- Have viewers create a graphic organizer of the conditions needed to produce the glacier blue color
- Some basic knowledge of the properties of light is helpful for watching the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Great explanations make the science accessible for everyone
- Beautiful images teach as well as amaze