This Women in Poetry unit plan also includes:
Imagine linking poetry to technology! Thirty-three lessons comprise a 6-week "Women in Poetry" unit for high schoolers. Class members research women poets, learn how to respond electronically to discussions, write their poems, create web pages with hyperlinks, and copy and paste photos, art, and audio. As a final project, individuals post their poems and essays on a web page they created.
- Before the unit, instructors must create a class website and be able to guide class members as they create their websites
- Set aside additional time to prepare all the materials required for the unit
- Requires access to devices with internet, Microsoft Word, and email capability
- It needs an audio player, TV, and a VCR
- Pupils learn how to create a web page with hyperlinks
- It would work well as a remote learning unit