There were a lot of firsts for women in music. From being the first to sing and write about birth control to speaking out about issues of their time, female singers represent a voice that had not been heard by many before. Young viewers watch a short video about prominent women who became both the voices of their generations, but of their gender.
- Have viewers write down each woman's name as it is displayed in the video to conduct research on them later
- Use as an introduction to a lesson on famous women musicians
- Best used during Women's History Month or a biography unit
- Offers names of women who accomplished first steps in music
- Video gives very brief snippets of women's history, making it a limited use video
- Doesn't offer visuals of the women