This Charlotte's Web: A Story About Friendship activity & project also includes:
Strengthen the bonds of friendship within your class with a reading of E.B. White's award-winning novel, Charlotte's Web. Focusing on the unique characters in the story and the relationships they develop, young readers draw from their own personal experiences as they deepen their understanding of what it means to be a friend.
- Use these writing comprehension questions, writing exercises, and collaborative activities as the basis for a literature unit on Charlotte's Web
- Perform this literature unit as a series of learning centers, allowing small groups to rotate between teacher-led lessons and discussions, a writing center, and other independent and/or collaborative activities
- Have students record answers to the comprehension questions in a reading journal before discussing their ideas with the class
- A class set of the book Charlotte's Web by E.B. White is required for this literature unit
- Provides a list of comprehension questions for students to answer after reading each set of two or three chapters
- Includes writing prompts and collaborative activities that extend learning about friendship