This Civil War Play lesson plan also includes:
Everyone has a role to play. Young scholars step into history by taking on the roles of soldiers—both male and female—during the Civil War using a fictionalized play of what life was like on the battlefield. Pupils also examine the roles women played in the conflict as depicted in the script. To foster creativity, the resource includes ideas for assessment, along with production suggestions.
- Develop and perform the included play for a school-wide audience
- Use the included script as a read-aloud in class to examine the roles of women in the Civil War
- May require additional supplies, such as props and costumes
- Play is an interesting and interactive way to learn about history
- Script is easily adaptable to a variety of classroom uses