This Communication Skills lesson plan also includes:
Good communication skills are key to resolving conflicts. A short video introduces learners to the concept of active listening and provides tips that will help them resolve conflicts. Class members then read articles, analyze scenarios, and discuss the difference between observations and judgments. For homework, individuals practice these communication skills and then write about their experiences with the activity.
- Have groups create and perform skits that demonstrate the active listening strategies and open ended questions
- Provide class members with copies of the communication skills handout and the listening tips article
- Sixth out of nine lessons focusing on conflict resolution
- The lessons are cumulative and designed to be taught in order
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The scenarios permit learners to observe and analyze the strengths and weakness of the techniques in a safe way