This Create a Volunteer Spirit lesson plan also includes:
Motivate young citizens to make a positive difference through volunteering. Scholars examine the local and school community to discover ways the class, as a whole, can volunteer their time to help one or the other, then reflect on their experience in an expository essay.
- Direct pupils to post volunteer ideas on a classroom blog to avoid repetition and begin a conversation
- Keep volunteer ideas in a safe place for future reference and plan a volunteer activity multiple times a year
- Invite an adult from a local non-profit organization to speak to the class about their experience with volunteering
- Lesson is the last of five resources in a series created to inspire youth to volunteer
- Presents lesson directions in four steps
- Links lesson parts at the top of the page for easy navigation