How do advertisers try to speak to you? Learners review a variety of advertisements and identify how they attempt to reach a particular targeted audience, as well as consider what type of audiences they might belong to as young adults.
81 Views 57 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have students work to find one type of advertisement that is represented in unique ways in different publications (as in the Got milk? example)
- Expand the activity to address advertisements in other forms of media, such as video, online marketing, and Internet ads
- Remind learners the importance of taking into account the type of medium and publication used to host the advertisement
- Offers several extension and supplemental activity ideas
- Includes activity worksheet for reviewing advertisements