This Key Fractions, Decimals and Percentages video also includes:
Create a benchmark. Pupils view key benchmark fractions and their equivalent decimal and percentage representations. The video shows the family of fractions of halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, eighths, and tenths. For each fraction, learners see the equivalent representations along with how the fraction is modeled using a shaded circle. Scholars practice their new skill with two worksheets.
- Provide opportunities for the class to derive the equivalences
- Lead a discussion about patterns they observe
- Requires the class to understand the relationship between fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Includes an answer key for faster grading
- Provides several opportunities for individuals to practice to make the conversions from memory