Do your students have what it takes to be the king of math? Find out with this fun skills practice game that covers a wide range of topics from counting and basic operations to measurement and fractions.
Starting the game as a simple farmer, young scholars use their math skills to climb the ranks in hopes of becoming the king of math. Organized into a sequence of 10 books, the subjects of which are listed below, children are free to work through the books in any order according to their own needs and abilities.
Within each book are 9 chapters that each focus on a specific skill relating to the broader topic. A variety of multiple choice questions are included that use visual models like pictures of objects, dice, and fingers to support kids with developing their math skills. Points are awarded for correct answers and deducted for incorrect answers, as students try to take their place on the throne!
Questions start easy and get progressively harder, but no help is offered for answering them.
How techie do I need to be?
- Include as part of math rotations in elementary classrooms, assigning specific chapters corresponding to the regular curriculum
- Offer as an option for early finishers during math lessons
- Provide this resource to students needing extra help developing fluency with basic math skills
- If you are setting up individual player profiles for each student, be sure that they know to use only their account, and not to use or delete those of other children
- Application is available in 19 different languages
- Children can choose to play the game as a male or female character
- Game allows for students to replay levels to try and achieve a higher score
- Allows for multiple user accounts on a single tablet or mobile device
- Does not offer hints or assistance with completing activities