This Ten Frames worksheet also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Developing a strong number sense in the primary grades is essential to the success of young mathematicians. These simple worksheets present learners with a series of ten-frames, asking them to write the number shown in each model. Challenge children to identify the numbers without counting the individual dots, but rather using the benchmark numbers 5 and 10 to quickly recognize the numbers being represented. Differentiate the worksheet for advanced learners by asking them to identify how many more counters are needed in each ten-frame to create a group of 10.
- Worksheets allow for learners to use different strategies when answering the questions
- Includes ten-frames that show the same numbers in different configurations
- Provides simple, clear directions that are easily understood by young learners
- Teacher must create a meaningful context that engages children in working with ten-frames