This The Children and Legacies Beyond the Holocaust unit plan also includes:
Using video testimony, primary source documents that detail international agreements, and structured discussions, learners consider the precarious position of children during the Holocaust and other international conflicts, and how to prevent future atrocities.
- Use video testimony from Holocaust survivors and liberators to create a fishbowl discussion on the rights of children in wartime
- Number 10 of the 11-part Teaching the Holocaust series
- Lesson plans include details of the deaths of children and may not be appropriate for all learners
- Survivor testimony is gripping
- Primary sources allow for pupils to examine key aspects of international law
- Activities allow for practicing civil discussion