This The Lowdown — Rot and Rubbish: The Rancid Truth about How Much Food We Waste activity & project also includes:
Compare waste a percent at a time. The resource contains an infographic on food waste. Using images, the informative activity describes the amount and types of food waste that occur. Pupils compare the percentage of waste from their families to the national average.
- Have class members use journals to collect data about the amount of food their families waste in a week
- Individuals should understand part-to-whole and part-to-part percents
- One installment of a larger Math at the Core MS: Ratios series
- Includes links to sources
- Contains discussion points for different parts of the infographic
- It is not clear in the activity instructions that students must determine the amount of food their families waste