This Who Is Faster? lesson plan also includes:
Am I going to catch it? Individuals time how long it takes them to walk, jog, and run a given distance and calculate their speed. They then research two animals and find their speeds. Using a chart, pupils compare the speeds of the animals to themselves to finish the activity.
- To eliminate the conversion part, measure the running distance in meters during the setup instead of in feet
- Requires an area to measure off 40 feet
- The class should be able to calculate speed if given time and distance
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Shows the algebra required to solve the rate formula for distance and time
- Provides Internet resources to find the speed of animals