This Close Reading: Analyzing Mood and Tone handout & reference also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
The AP Literature and Composition exam is all about close reading. Test takers are presented with a passage and asked to analyze how an author uses literary devices to create a desired effect. Prepare your students for the exam with a reference packet that defines these devices, explains their purpose or effect, and provides tips for how to identify the devices in text.
- Post the reference on your class web page or copy the resource for class members
- Provide examples from released AP exams
- Designed for AP and pre-AP English classes
- Includes lists words to use to describe tone, mood, and diction
- No examples are included