Don't be rude to food! Scholars see the startling truth about food waste in a disturbing video. The series of statements from individuals around the country paints a picture of good intentions followed by wasteful habits like cooking too much, ordering too much, forgetting food in the back of the fridge, and snubbing leftovers.
- Follow the video with suggestions of things we can do to reduce food waste, like gleaning from local farmer's fields
- Challenge the class to track their food behaviors for a week, particularly in the school cafeteria!
- Plan time for discussion after the video
- The resource illustrates both the energy put in to food production and the energy wasted when people do not eat that food
- People from all walks of life contributed to the video, making it very impactful