This Molecular Gastronomy - Science in the Kitchen lesson plan also includes:
Some say cooking is an art—and a science! Scholars scope out the savory subject of molecular gastronomy with a series of related activities. The teacher's guide contains printable worksheets and helpful tips for implementing the instructional activity.
- Open the lesson with a brief clip from a favorite cooking show to get the class inspired
- Incorporate additional recipes into the lesson to give learners more hands-on experience
- Students should have some prior knowledge of biological molecules and basic chemistry concepts
- The lesson plan is a must for culinary, chemistry, and nutrition classes
- Interesting activities and articles help create a strong link between the senses and food chemistry
- Simple experiments are fun and easy to execute