This Uncle Sam and the American Diet interactive also includes:
Uncle Sam wants you to follow the food pyramid! Scholars analyze two images of propaganda posters the government created to promote the food pyramid. Academics complete a worksheet to understand the impact of the campaign and end the activity with a group discussion on the effectiveness of the government's efforts.
- Compare how the government has changed its stance on the American diet
- Take a class vote to gauge if learners think the government's healthy food campaign has been successful
- Students must have Internet access to complete the worksheet
- Activity is great to use in a lesson on government public campaigns
- The resource uses primary sources to enhance learning