Make a study of Charles M. Scultz's famous comic strip Peanuts in your language arts class. Class members read and discuss the baseball-themed book POW! A Peanuts Collection. After talking about themes and vocabulary, they complete Charlie Brown activities, including research reports and writing assignments.
- The plan offers several writing assignments; allow learners to pick a favorite of the four
- Invite pupils to discuss the book in small groups before coming together as a whole class
- You'll need to purchase copies of POW! A Peanuts Collection for your class to read
- Many of the activities need to be fleshed out with additional scaffolding; you may, for example, wish to create graphic organizers for students to use when preparing their writing assignments
- Comes with various research report ideas and writing prompts to enrich the analysis of Peanuts
- Learners will enjoy reading these comics, and will be engaged in the discussion and related Charlie Brown activities
Included Materials - Join to Access